Sunday, July 17, 2011

Signs of a nomadic city



I've long theorized that San Francisco is home to a disproportionately high number of non-native inhabitants (no, I don't mean plants -- the Bay Area is one of the top 25 biological hotspots in the world so consider that myth debunked). I myself am a non-native, and I can also say that I've embodied another tried and true San Francisco lifestyle of nomadism, sans the Kerouac-inspired beat poetry, bad jazz and orgy-rific tendencies of course.

On average, I've moved to a new place in a new neighborhood every year and a half -- making me a modern day nomad of sorts. Maybe it would've been better to just pop a tipi in an empty lot like this guy did and call it a day? I mean, free to move about, no utility bills and all the perks you could want, including eavesdropping from curious onlookers like me...can't beat that, can you?

No comments:

Post a Comment